Thursday, April 29, 2010

Have you ever had "One of THOSE days?"

So our morning started out at a early 4:41 am with "Dad, Eli is sick and is spitting all over the floor"  YUCK  Those who know me well, know that I don't do clean up on that,  because I would only join them and make a bigger mess.  So after getting that done, WOW it is already time to get up and get ready for work.  So of all days that Eli is sick, ofcourse I would have already scheduled a denist appointment to put the cap back on Tyson's tooth.  The morning did not go well due to the fact that Eli had many events into the "bucket"  but I had to get Tyson to the dentist.  So I packed Tanner and Eli into the car, with bucket in tow, and off to get Tyson.  As soon as I drive up to the school, out came the bucket, YUCK!  So clean up, off to the dentist.  I take Tyson in and come back out to the car and YUCK AGAIN---- ok so Tyson was in the office for 1 hour and we had 4 events in the car, then to top it off, the dentist came to visit me in the car, letting me know that Tyson needed to get the tooth pulled instead of putting it back on. SERIOUSLY, how long will that take?  He said 10 minutes, and he was right. Out came Tyson, and yes he was crying.  My patience short I asked "What is wrong?"  He wanted his tooth--AUGH So back into the dentist get the tooth-WHAT They threw it away ( I thought that is what happened) but hey you can have this cap, but leave it in the sealed pouch, to much bacteria.  Ok, so out to Tyson, and yes Eli with another event.  Man can I catch a break?  Then Tyson calms down, and said, " I can't go to school, I talk to funny"  I knew he would change his mind, so I drove to school, to "Check him out for the day"  But he went to school YEA!  So Tanner falls alseep in the car on the way home, Eli is groaning, and I am not feeling so well.   We get home and Eli wants to sleep YEA, vicotry, except Tanner decides that he does not want to sleep anymore, but to scream and cry, waking Eli up.  So as soon as I could get that done, feed Tanner lunch, it was time for me to start teaching piano.  Did I tell you in between all this I did have time to make dinner in the crockpot.  So that is one thing that has gone well today.  The only thing that would make it better is if Eli can hold it in and go to school tomorrow, you see it is Tom's day off, who wants kids at home when you have the whole day with out them?

4 comments:

Megan said...

Oh, yuck! I'm so sorry Dedra {& Eli!} -- NO FUN! I'm glad you were able to work out the dentist appt anyway & big kudos for getting dinner in the crockpot & still teaching piano! Hope you're still able to enjoy Tom's day off even with a sick child! {Get Well Soon, Eli!}

Karen J said...

It is days like that at the end of the day you know tomorrow will be better because it can't get worse. Hang in there and get some sleep.

Scott and Jenn said...

I can't handle puke either. I told Scott he needed to give the kids a blessing before he leaves that they won't puke the whole time he is gone. I feel your pain.

Alanna said...

Hopefully it's a VERY long time before you have another of THOSE days. So sorry. On days like that I always say to myself, "At least this will make a good post." And it did for you!