Wednesday, July 22, 2009

NEVER A DULL MOMENT.......especially


at Walmart. Would you expect anything else from us? So for some reason my kids love to go school supply shopping with me. I think it makes it way too difficult because there is way to many choices from colors of books, folders, scissors, to how many crayons do you want this year. But I put my selfish reasons aside and decided if they do their chores today, I would take them to WALMART. We were not in the store more than 5 minutes when Tanner started to scream. I looked down, and beside the spot where babies can sit in the cart the bars go to normal size. Tanner somehow got his bad leg stuck into the bars. I tried to get it out, but because his one ankle is a little bit larger and does not have flex ability, he was stuck and his leg was turning blood red. So we ran to the front and asked for help. They just looked at me as though they did not know what to do. One lady ran to get baby oil, I told them they needed to stretch the bars because his leg would not come out. Mean while Kylie starts to cry because Tanner is crying, I am sweating like it is 100 degrees outside(flashback to Utah) and the boys just sit there saying" hey Mom your on T.V. ( security camera) By this time we have at least 10 employees around us just staring and a crowd from all the customers trying to lend advice. But the saving Grace is the construction worker working on one of the out buildings, he brought his steel clippers and so we cover Tanners leg and stretched the 2 bars and cut. Wa--Lah Leg free! Tanner stopped crying the crowed disappeared Kylie was recovering, I wiped the sweat and baby oil from me, smiled, looked for my boys, which were still watching the T.V. ( little did they know, they had front row seats) And of course removed my items from the basket, put it in another basket, and continued to start shopping. I was stopped by the managers who hung their heads down with a soft voice asking if I would like to file a report against Walmart. I just smiled and looked at them and said, " it was my fault, can I just continue shopping?" So as we continued shopping, Kylie not letting go of Tanner, we were stopped every 2-3 minutes, with people asking, " are you the one with the baby stuck in the cart?" School shopping will never be the same, but what a good story to tell. Just a side note as we got in the car Tyson said this would be a great story to blog, and Eli yells out " I call telling Grandma"

3 comments:

Karen J said...

At least you have a good story to put in Tanner's baby book. :)

Megan said...

I'm so glad Tanner is ok! What a family story you now have. Hope you were able to get all your school shopping done... or at least that you can finish on your own later. =)

Unknown said...

WOW, i thought i've had some bad shopping experience. everything is different when you involve kids. glad tanner recovered so quickly.