



Since the family reunion ended, we extended our time in Park City and made it our Family Vacation. We started my doing Tom's FAVORITE thing? Shopping at the outlet malls. HAHAHA. He did not enjoy shopping, but we got some good deals on all the kids school clothes. We then took a ride to Oakley Utah, where in a magazine we found this cute little diner. Tom and I love to visit diners, so ofcourse we could not resist. Later that night Tom was able to attend his mothers Clawson reunion in Huntsville Utah. He did not know many people, but said he enjoyed listening to stories of his late Grandmother. The kids and I stayed home and went swimming. Later that night I heard of many stories of Tom and his siblings growing up. Stories of when friends they visited did not have plumbing ( we are talking the 1970's HELLO) also when Tom's dad decided to take a shortcut, and this shortcut ended up on the back roads of a mountain, with all of them sleeping in a 4 door 2 seater car ( 8 kids and the parents). They had to push the car up the mountain, and Tom and his sister Sheryl were in charge of the rocks to put behind the tires, so the car would not roll. After listening to many stories that night I prefer to take my own car on the highways and have Toms parents follow us.
1 comment:
I'd love to hear more details about the family stories & about the diner next time we chat. =)
Post a Comment