Tuesday, June 22, 2010

7,6,5.......This is what I found on the day......

Tom proposed to me.   Tom and I always left love notes on each others cars when we were dating.  But the night before Valentines Day I was in charge of an activity for our Ward, and I had to cut out Valentine Hearts.  So I decided to recycle them and decorate Toms car.  My roommates and I went over late that night and decorated Tom's car, so when he woke up in the morning he would be heart attacked!  We thought we were tricky.  It just so happened we did not take into consideration that Toms roommate got home late and informed Tom his car had been decorated.  So they took off all the hearts and headed over to my house and not only decorated it with the hearts that I put on his car, but saran wrapped it shut.  I did not know this then, but Tom put a picture of the Temple in  my window next to a heart that read I DO!  I was late for work that morning so I did not see any of those subtle hints :)   It turned out to be a great Valentines Day! 

2 comments:

Megan said...

Awww! You two are so sweet and creative about notes and stuff. No wonder your children had to search for their Wii! =)

Anonymous said...

i second megan's "awww!" i love memories like that.