On Monday of this past week, our family needed to be at Kylie's band concert by 6:45. It was my busiest day with piano and did not finish until 6:00. So after piano I rushed upstairs to get ready, ran downstairs to have dinner while my wonderful husband was cleaning up. I was so busy with everything, that it took me at least 10 minutes to notice the beautiful roses on the counter. And so it begins :)
Day 1 The note read: I would love to tell you 12 ways I Love you, the first one is Love, ( it had more but I am not posting the rest, I think you get the idea) I received red roses.
Day 2 As the kids were getting ready for bed, Tom called all the kids upstairs, and then a few seconds later he called me upstairs to our room. With everyone smiling at me I knew something was up. They asked me to sit down, and as I did yes, whoopee cushions, 4 of them to be exact. The funny thing is I did not know there was whoopee cushions and I accused Tom of having gas, Humor is day 2
Day 3 Organization. I always have lists to keep my life organized. He had a BIG Notebook for me to keep organized--it even came in colored paper ( I used it that night to organize my up coming crazy week end)
Day 4 Music. The love of music in our home and how our children love music as well. Kylie plays piano and flute, Tyson plays piano and trumpet and loves to sing, Eli can play a little piano, and Tanners loves to sing especially with Little Einsteins, and Tom plays Trumpet and little piano. Tom placed music stickers on my piano.
Day 5 As Tom was leaving to go to work, he handed me a note that read: Friendship, and to be home at 11:30 to receive a "friendly surprise" At 11:30 Tom came home YEAH! I thought he was my friendly surprise, but he handed me a note with a phone number on it and said to call it and say Hi this is Dedra. With much hesitation, I did, and it was one of my friends asking me to meet her for lunch while Tom takes care of the children. WOW! I don't often get the opportunity to have lunch with no children. IT was delightful.
Day 6 Beauty. This morning was the BIG Piano recital that I prepare the myself and my students for 4-6 months for. Tom gave me a beautiful corsage to wear for the recital and for Sunday, I teach the Primary music, and they are singing "Jesus is My Shepherd, and A beautiful arrangement of Angels We Have Heard on High" The Primary children AMAZE me on what they can learn.
Day 7 Virtue. I received a single white rose with a beautiful letter.
Tom is such a wonderful husband. He does little things like this all the time. I have looked forward everyday to find the note to see what is coming next. I have the same anxiety as what I had when I was a child when something fun or big was happening. The love that I have for Tom is more than I could describe and show in any post. But I did want to share this little 12 days of Christmas with you. I will post day 8,9,10,11,12 soon.
Merry Christmas

1 comment:
What a sweet husband you are, Tom! That is such a fun and thoughtful gift. I'm so glad you shared it here, Dedra. I look forward to reading about 8-12, too. =) I wish I could hear your Primary songs and your recital. I'm glad they both went well for you! We're aiming for a Valentine's recital now. =)
Post a Comment