Sunday, December 13, 2009

Thanksgiving---Ok lets play catch up!





Thanksgiving was another fun trip to Coeur d Alene Idaho. Ever since Tom and I have been married I think I have missed 1 maybe 2 Thanksgiving with my family. It has been a tradition for the Annual "Girls" Black Friday shopping trip. This year was no exception. WE all agreed NOT to shop at the wee early hours--but we all settled for 4:45 am. (Yes this is late for us) All of us got what we needed and was a successful trip.



It It was fun to be with cousins for "Grandma and Grandpas gingerbread house decorating" I do have to say that my brother's wife Autumn put on a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving dinner. The children ( all under the age of 13) had a seperate room for eating, and the parents had to dish them up to make sure we would not be interrupted for our formal dinner. We ate with GLASS dishes (for us a big step) A champagne glass for a drink, a glass for water, a salad plate, a roll plate, and then the regular entree plate. We had many, silverware to choose from, and to top it off a beautiful napkin ironed and pressed into a design. The funnest part was yes no kids, but our place setting was a double dipped carmel apple with our name on it. Then we ate family style instead of the usual buffet style. We were all pretty stuffed at the end, and dessert was not necessary for most. But plenty of pies were available!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow! Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds wonderful! Kudos to your sister-in-law! And the graham cracker houses are such a fun tradition!! I'm glad you were able to go.

Unknown said...

ohhh, i would have liked to have seen a picture of that formal table setting.

glad u had fun and got some great black friday deals