Sunday, December 13, 2009

THE DAY IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!






So we FINALLY got my "Auctioned 26$ " Christmas Tree. I was so excited to go. What would I get? How many to choose from? What will it look like? So many questions, Come on family lets go!!!! Augh, we finally got there. There was 3 acres to choose from. SO many from short, tall, bushy, thin etc. There it was the tree that I wanted. Tom took out the measuring stick---to tall 15 feet. Well lets keep going. So as we walked the normal height just looked to short ( a weesly 8 foot tree) Tom looked at me and said " Dedra, you are limited to a 9 1/2 foot tree" Ok, well that eliminated alot of trees. Then as I walked up the hill there it was ( again) my tree. Come on Tom measure the tree!!!!???????? AUGH! It was 10 foot, but who cares that is the one I want. We can shave the bottom. So off to get the chain saw, TIMBER! It was ours. YIPEE! Lets get this small tree home. So when we got home I had to help get it off the car, oh man it was HEAVY! Now when you are not surrounded by 15-20 foot trees , our tree was a little big, you can say I had very very big eyes. In fact, we had to cut off the bottom to make it fit in our tree stand. My beautiful tree had a crooked stump, that it gave us problems for a while! What is the solution in the end? The tree is propped up with books on one side. So when you look at the pictures tilt you head to the left and smile. It was so fun we are going in July to tag our tree for next year! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wow, it looks so full & beautiful... before and after decorations! Now the real question is... will we get to see it in person or will it be recycled by the Scouts before New Year's Eve? =)