Sunday, December 13, 2009

The day after we got home from Coeur D Alene........





I was asked this year to put on our Ward's Christmas Dinner, which happen to be 5 days after our return for Thanksgiving. It was alot of work---and yes I am very glad it is over. It was well attended, we served 300 people, with food to spare. The Menu: Honey glazed ham, baked potatoes, rolls, Caesar salad, Spring Salad with feta, walnuts, craisons, and a Poppy seed vinaigrette, and ofcourse we can't forget dessert, it was a yummy Brownie bar with ice cream and all the toppings. Tom and I thought we would throw in a "Mormon Jello Contest" for fun. As you can see we had many jellos that came! Kylie wanted to make her own, she did great. She made a candy cane. She was chosen to be the winner for the night! (It was the bishopric who judged) And what was the grand prize? Ofcourse "A CARROT GRATER" would you expect anything else for a mormon jello contest?

1 comment:

Megan said...

Kylie, I am so impressed! I thought Dedra had gone to all that work for the candy cane jello. Congratulations! What a fun idea to host a jello contest; I love it! I'm glad the dinner went so well. Food to spare is ALWAYS better than not enough. Our first ward activity in our new house ran out of food, and I was at the end of a long line, pregnant and starving... NOT a good experience!!