Saturday, June 13, 2009

We have decided we are not young anymore when.........

we fall asleep at a drive in movie an hour after it starts. Tom and I decided to treat our family to a double feature at the drive in. Showing was Night at the Museum 2 and Hanna Montana ( which I was the most excited for, but it was the second showing). So at 9:45 pm the movie started, Tanner was enjoying bits of popcorn for 10 minutes, then was out for the count YEA! Eli has already moved into the car, knowing that if he stays outside the bug will get him and eat him? Kylie has decided that staying outside is not that fun anymore. So 5 in the car and one out. Tyson stayed out most of both movies. So with the car warm, Tanner cuddling on my lap, I fell asleep, Tom is nodding, and I guess the kids were doing good. Ok first movie got over at 11:15----can we handle the next movie, ofcourse we can. I loved it, so did Kylie, Tom not so much but he did say at least she can act better in the movie. So at 1:15am it is time to go home. Tanner wakes up, screaming, Tyson needs to find his seat, Eli is almost out and Kylie is sleeping. So off we go -takes 25 minutes to get home. Tom and I talked the entire way home so we would not fall asleep. Interesting at night when we are usually sleeping the things that go on. We saw many! SO we get home, and we attempt to get kids inside, they said half a wake they would rather sleep in the car, tempting, but we got them in the house. Finally at 2:00 am we got to go to bed, just so we could wake up at 6:30 for Tanner to be awake for the day. We are dragging---but it was fun!

3 comments:

Megan said...

You are more ambitious parents than we! What fun memories you are making, though. Glad you made it home safely!! :D

Alanna said...

WOW! What a great family adventure! I haven't even considered a drive-in movie since I had kids. What fun!

The Hardys Go To Washington DC said...

Hi Dedra! It was so fun to see your comment on our blog! I love your blog, I'll have to follow it, it's fun to see how everyone is doing! We just went to John's 20 year reunion yesterday, can you believe ours is next summer? I think we might be getting a little old....oh well! Have a great week!
Valaney :)