Thursday, February 3, 2011

We have been busy.....

The Tolman's have been busy this past month.  After gaging down the Brussels sprouts---Things have been busy.  First of all I had my follow up on my eyes--20/20 after surgery and no glasses or contacts required.  What a weird thing it is to see the alarm clock in the morning.  I do however suffer from loss of good vision at night, but we are hoping that it will keep improving.  Tyson won a contest he entered for the school district, he drew a Lacey Loves to Read Bookmark Contest.  He was recognized at the Lacey City Council and the North Thurston School Board meeting.  His bookmark has been printed and is in area schools and Libraries.  WAY TO GO TYSON!  Kylie has entered the area Solo Ensemble and has decided to play Love is Spoken Here.  It is beautiful and I know she will do a GREAT job!  Eli and Tyson had their Pine Wood Derby and did a great job.  Tyson and Eli worked very hard on their cars ( so did Dad)  and in the nail biting end Tyson, did take 1st place.  What a great ending to his years in Cub scouts.  He also received his Weblos badge and pin and and compass badge, along with his religious square not pin.  (on a side note both Boys received an extra pin, the Electronic game badge, sorry to say this was way too easy for them to earn, but they did it)  Tyson will be getting his Arrow of Light at the Blue and Gold next month.  Lets see what else has happened?   HMMMMM.. Oh yes, I received an additional calling,  drum roll........Girls Camp Director.  I thought they were playing a joke when they asked me since I LOVE TO CAMP!  I can handle a night or two, but this will be for a whole week.  I think I will have fun, I just need to get my mind set just a little bit more.  HMMMMM what else, oh yes, Tom is getting ordained a High Priest this coming Sunday.  My parents are coming up, and my Dad will be ordaining him.  We were a little shocked, but I don't think it has totally set in yet.  I was asked at Stake Conference, that since we are now in the High Priests if I would organize some High Priest Socials LOL!  I wonder.......if something else.......is in our future.......? 

2 comments:

Megan said...

You HAVE been busy! I want to see Tyson's bookmark design -- can you scan it in once it's printed?

Congrats on the upcoming ordination, Tom! Dedra, I can totally see you organizing HP socials! My mom & dad always enjoyed going to those. =)

Sounds like everyone deserves some kudos this month! =D

SuburbiaMom said...

You will be a great camp director!