Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I know, it has been a long time.

What have we been up to?  Well for the last month Tom and I decided to take on the task of getting a Bountiful Basket in Lacey.  This was a big on taking to say the least!  But we successfully had our first pick up on Saturday and we had 41 happy participants.  It was incredible.  For our first time we got 4 pomegranates, 6 apples, 5 oranges, kiwi, 7 bananas,and 5 pears, 5 lbs potatoes, broccoli, beets, corn on the cob, and grey squash.  So out of this what have we eaten?  Oranges, apples, corn, pears, pomegranates kiwi and we have had the grey squash.  Our family is trying to have a healthier lifestyle and we are happy to report it is working.  Tom has gone down 3 belt loop sizes, and I have gone down 10+ pounds. We still have a long way to go as far as learning how to cook healthier, but we are getting there.   

So what else?  Tom has been appointed to be interim Division Chief at work.  It did come has a surprise, since there are other people we thought were just as qualified as Tom.  Tom did accept and will be at this position for the next 6 months to a year.  It has taken alot more of his time, but we are grateful for employment!  Tom loves his job!

Also, I have been busy prepping our Primary children for our Primary Program.  It was beautiful and definitely brought the spirit to the meeting.  There was not alot of dry eyes.  Our primary did AWESOME!

I will post more later. I just wanted to give  a little update, and say we are still alive.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Congratulations -- you did it! Actually, lots of congrats are deserved in this post: BB, losing weight {both of you!}, the PP, and Tom's new position. Yay!

Your lineup looks great and I'm jealous of your list -- all that fruit! I didn't end up ordering any last time, so I don't know what ours included.

Our PP went well, too. The moment they started their first song {IKTMSLM} was powerful. I'm glad it went so well for both of us! =)

tolm2535 said...

Megan, if you look real close you will notice that is you in the background. This is the Lynnwood site. We are fortunate to have a covered area, so when it rains we are still dry :0)

Megan said...

Ha! Nice flattering pose you caught, Dedra! =D Too funny; I thought it was fun that you'd gotten the exact same colors of baskets. =D Well, I look forward to seeing a pic of the Lacey lineup. =)