Wednesday, May 19, 2010

ORGANIC LADYBUGS?

Lady bug Lady bug fly
away home
your house is on fire
and your children all gone

All except one,
and that's little Ann
For she crept under
the frying pan.

So we were having salad for dinner the other night, and I got out my ORGANIC lettuce, washed and cut it for dinner.  As I was plating the lettuce, I noticed a dead ladybug.  SO back to washing except this time lets put it into the salad spinner.  Back to plating.  The salad was beautiful with chopped radished, carrots, celery, tomotoes, then diced chicken.  As I was just about to finish my yummy salad, WHAT WAS THAT SITTING ON MY PLATE?  A half a ladybug.  So the moral to the story is yes organic is good because there is no chemicals, but there is an added protein, bugs!  YUCK!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Gross! So sorry to hear you found that at the *end* of your meal. =P If it's any comfort, some people eat bugs on purpose. ;)

Margo said...

I bet you start washing your lettuce one leaf at a time from now on!!! Love and miss you TONS!!! :O)

Alanna said...

Oh no! At least lady bugs are cute!