Friday, March 5, 2010
Really?
So a good friend asked if I had a bike. Ofcourse I do, but I have not been on my bike for 7 months. She asked if I would like to ride with her 2 times a week. How bad could that be. So we started our bike ride, 1/2 way through I begged for a rest, and everytime it went up hill I asked when do the hills go away, and her answer would always be," Oh just up here a little ways" I always believed her, she knows the course she has been doing this for 7 weeks. So when we got to our point that she had to go one way and I the other it was dark outside, and I had one more ugly hill to go up. I pushed my way through it and when I got home my legs were JELLO--did I say I have not been on a bike for 7 months. I had no clue how far we had gone, but my dear friend did, infact I just got an email we went.....drumroll...........6.64 miles AUGHGHGHGHGHG! I am glad she did not tell me how far we were going because I know I would have chickened out, but now that I know I can do it ----bring it on! ( Just a side note, all of us have "sit bones" those bones everyone who has riden a bike knows those bones, well those sit bones have not allowed me to get back on the bike. I tried today --nope not gonna happen) Tomorrow morning Tom would like to go on the ride--what do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Go Tom!! You did awesome Deidre!
Sounds very impressive to me! I'm sure you'll be able to get 'back in the saddle' again soon. =) Once you're more comfortable on your bike, you can start doing fun family bike rides. =D
So fun! Way to go! It's been more like 7 YEARS since I've been on a bike. I just got a used one and I'm very afraid it'll be one of those things that was a snap as a kid and isn't so much anymore. Good luck with those sit bones.
wow! that is impressive. i'm with alanna, its been a REALLY long time since i was on a bike. sad that you can't get back on. did tom make it?
Tom did go with me on Saturday and we extended our bike trip. I have since then been going 2-3 times a week. Rain, snow or shine, or even in the dark, we go. I thought that it would be easier but that has not proven to be the case.
Post a Comment