So it seems as though I am always in a Doctors office and I find a recipe I like, but I never have paper and pen. So I decided to pack paper and pencil in Tanner's diaper bag, so just in case I found a recipe like this I could jot it down, instead of thinking, hummmm, could I just rip this page out and nobody notice? ( by the way I have never ripped out a page from the doctors mazazine, BUT I have thought about it many times.) Hope you try this recipe and enjoy it as much as our family like it.
Yummy No-Bake Bars
1 c sugar
1 c light color Corn Syrup
2 c peanut butter
3 c crisp rice cereal
3 c corn flakes
¾ c butter
4 c powder sugar
4 ounces size vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
¼ c milk
1 12 ounce package semi sweet chocolate chips
½ c butter
line a 15X10X1 baking pan with foil extending the edges. In a large saucepan combine sugar and corn syrup. Heat and stir just until mixture boils around edges. Heat and stir for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until melted. Stir in rice cereal and corn flakes until coated. Press in pan.
Pudding layer – in saucepan melt ¾ c butter stir in powder sugar, dry vanilla pudding and milk. Spread over cereal mixture
Frosting – in saucepan combine chocolate chips and ½ c butter heat and stir over low heat. Spread over pudding layer. Cover and chill1 hour or until set.
Store in refrigerator up to 2 days.
2 comments:
I hope that paper & pen continues to come in handy. =) They sound yummy -- I think you need to make another batch so you can take a photo to post here. =D
Sounds sweet and yummy! Thanks for posting!!!
Post a Comment