This year we decided to finally make the scarecrow that I have wanted for many, many,many years. So Tom has been secretively researching how to make a scarecrow. He did a GREAT JOB! What do you think? Also, we went to a local pumpkin farm and loved it. It was free to get in, and free to park. The petting zoo was also free. Then to participate in some activities it was a dollar. Kylie and Tyson went into the hay maze and Eli with his one dollar decided to do the corn cob shoot. So we all watched him thinking that he was pointing the shoot too low, but we do we know? Eli made it in the bucket. The guy running it said he was the first of the season to get it in, AND he gets to pick ANY PUMPKIN in the field. WOW! So back to the pumpkin fields ( we had already picked our pumpkins earlier and paid for them. The Rule was if you can't carry it then you can't get it) So it was way too much for Eli to handle, there was 4 fields to choose from and hundreds and hundreds of pumpkins. Well Eli found his favorite pumpkin after a long wait. It was 35 pounds and he loves it. ( I can't wait until he has to clean it out, I don't think it will be as exciting!) WAY TO GO ELI! We are excited for Trick or Treat. This year we are homemaking all our costumes from what we have at home. Tanner is going to be a dog, that is one of his first words. Eli is going to be Mario, and Tyson is Luigi ( and yes I will be making them) and Kylie is going to be an Egyptian Princess. I have always claimed every year that I was dressed up as a mean mommy, but this year I think I am going to revisit the 80's. I can't wait to snarl my hair and color it different colors. But I can't think of what to wear, any suggestions? Maybe Tom will join me, but he really wants a mullet and I don't have the heart to tell him those days were long gone since we started having kids.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
YEAH...it is Fall.
This year we decided to finally make the scarecrow that I have wanted for many, many,many years. So Tom has been secretively researching how to make a scarecrow. He did a GREAT JOB! What do you think? Also, we went to a local pumpkin farm and loved it. It was free to get in, and free to park. The petting zoo was also free. Then to participate in some activities it was a dollar. Kylie and Tyson went into the hay maze and Eli with his one dollar decided to do the corn cob shoot. So we all watched him thinking that he was pointing the shoot too low, but we do we know? Eli made it in the bucket. The guy running it said he was the first of the season to get it in, AND he gets to pick ANY PUMPKIN in the field. WOW! So back to the pumpkin fields ( we had already picked our pumpkins earlier and paid for them. The Rule was if you can't carry it then you can't get it) So it was way too much for Eli to handle, there was 4 fields to choose from and hundreds and hundreds of pumpkins. Well Eli found his favorite pumpkin after a long wait. It was 35 pounds and he loves it. ( I can't wait until he has to clean it out, I don't think it will be as exciting!) WAY TO GO ELI! We are excited for Trick or Treat. This year we are homemaking all our costumes from what we have at home. Tanner is going to be a dog, that is one of his first words. Eli is going to be Mario, and Tyson is Luigi ( and yes I will be making them) and Kylie is going to be an Egyptian Princess. I have always claimed every year that I was dressed up as a mean mommy, but this year I think I am going to revisit the 80's. I can't wait to snarl my hair and color it different colors. But I can't think of what to wear, any suggestions? Maybe Tom will join me, but he really wants a mullet and I don't have the heart to tell him those days were long gone since we started having kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the scarecrow! I'm so jealous that your farm is so cheap--$30 to get in here! I debating telling Jarom and Travis about your Mario and Luigi costumes...they'd be all over that...but I'm afraid what we've got will lose their appeal.
As for the 80's clothes...go hot pink or turquoise, baggy and don't forget the leg warmers!
Your scarecrow turned out very fun. I can't wait to see how the costumes turn out. If Eli's pumpkin was 35 lbs, how does it compare to the one Tyson's holding in the pic? That looks huge to me! So I'm curious to know what your Halloween day menu is going to be.
Love the scarecrow!!! Have fun making costumes Dedra get sparkly jacket with 1 glove or you could do the madonna look. I am so dumb I had all these things for you guys did not even think of sending with Mom and Dad, will try to get them sent soon.
Have fun Janoa
tom did a great job on the scarecrow. i love it. can't wait to see all the costumes. i'm actually working on ours right now. we have trunk-or-treat tomorrow. a whole week before halloween, so i need to get them finished!
Post a Comment