Friday, October 23, 2009

HELP........

So once again, this year I have been asked to do the dinner for our Ward Christmas party. The menu thus far is Ham and Baked potatoes, and of course rolls. I need your ideas for a good salad and a fun, easy dessert. Last year we had strawberry cheesecake, and believe it our not I saw alot of it go into the garbage, so I am not going to repeat. Also, another bit of information, it is 8 days after Thanksgiving, so no pies or festive jello from Thanksgiving. HELP, all you creative people out there I need your recipes and ideas.

6 comments:

Karen J said...

It is your own fault. Stop being so danged good at it. LOL Sorry. I'll be glad to help cook or something. But for ideas?!?! I got bupkis!

Unknown said...

Dedra,
How about the cabbage salad with ramen, normally called oriental salad I think. Maybe brownies for dessert seems everyone likes brownies!! Good Luck Janoa

tolm2535 said...

Janoa--You and Tom are on the same page for brownies, he wants a brownie bar, the thought of making 400 brownies gives me chills. We are trying to make it work by having a store make them but they all want around 1$ a brownie AUGH

Alanna said...

1$/brownie? Yikes! Couldn't you just buy mixes and assign OTHER people to make them?
Do you have the Meadowdale RS cookbook? The lemon and chocolate bundt cakes I put in there are a breeze (especially the chocolate) and each serve 16 if you cut really generous pieces. We made them for mother's day and it worked great!

tolm2535 said...

That is one avenue, I thought that I would just try to do this one without bothering people, BUT I dont think that is going to be possible! I do have the Cookbook, and I am going to look NOW! Thanks

Megan said...

These sugar cookie bars are so yummy & since you make them in a sheet cake pan they serve a lot for each batch. http://realmomkitchen.blogspot.com/2009/02/sugar-cookie-bars.html

Even if you do a chocolate dessert, I think it's always nice to have a non-chocolate option. But since the frosting with that recipe is really rich, I like to use this recipe instead: http://www.ehow.com/how_4668286_best-sugar-cookie-icing.html You might want to double it for a sheet pan -- otherwise it's really just enough to drizzle or spread thinly over the top.

I'm sure whatever you come up with will be great!