Wednesday, October 28, 2009

No one called from this house.


So the other night Tom and I were sitting talking with his parents who are visiting from Burley, Idaho, when the telephone rings. This is what I heard listening to Tom.

Tom..Hello, Nobody from this house, Uh, just a minute ( he runs and asked Kylie something.) he comes back, I guess it was from our house, I am sorry, I will have a long talk with him. Thank you and I am sorry.

Any guesses? Well apparently it was Firefighter day at school. Eli learned of the importance of Police officers and Fire fighters. Eli and Kylie were sitting in the computer room and Kylie bent Eli's finger and he told her he was going to call 911........well he dialed and hung up quickly, but not quickly enough before the call was tracked. BUSTED! Boy that was a fun talk to have with him.

5 comments:

Karen J said...

Oh ya. Jonas did that when he was about 2 and just playing the phone. Only he left the phone off the hook after he hung up. Luckily, I heard it beeping and hung it up before they could come investigate. They just called back. Gotta love those stories!! :)

Megan said...

Oh, I'm glad they didn't show up at your door, at least! How did he react to the talk? =)

Alanna said...

I think getting your finger bent is an emergency, don't you?...it can hurt! jk :D Very funny!

tolm2535 said...

Well in my opinion--Tom went a little overboard saying that someone could of died while he was playing 911, and that his call was taken instead of someone more important, I agree, but that is alot of weight for his shoulders to take. Anyway, he was warned once, but next time IF there is a next time, it won't be a warning. You know all the scare tactics went out, that they would come to our house and either fine us or worse take one of us down to the station. Poor kid, he won't want to see or hear about a officer ever again. The joys of parenthood

Unknown said...

haha, this is funny because nashville has this big billboard that shows a a guy who busted his pants and his polka dot boxers are showing and it says something like, "diaster, yes, but not bad enough to call 9-1-1." guess they don't think getting your finger bent is an emergency either!