Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We actually made it......





CAMPING! Our family decided to go camping at Zions camp ground. When we called to reserve our spot, they explained to us that it was Samoa week, and that at times it could get loud. We were all very excited to go ( I had never been, and Tom assured me that there was flushies and showers) ok so lets go. First road block, How do you fit a family of six and six sleeping bags, 1 tote, 1 extra large tote, 5 pillows to extra blankets, food, cooler, backpack for baby, 2 tents and 3 bags all in a 7 passenger van? VERY CAREFULLY ! We did it, but next time we go camping we will have a top carrier because we could not see out any of the back windows. So we get there, it was beautiful. We got our spot and what do you think the first thing I saw? A GREEN OUTHOUSE! YUCKO! So we set up camp and it was time to retire for bed and I knew that I had to face my fears and visit the outhouse. With Tom, and lantern we approach and I could not do it, but knowing that my only alternative was the bush, I decided to go in BUT Tom had to leave the door open ( the first night no one was around our camp) also it did not help that the lantern showed EVERYTHING that was a miss YUCKO! Ok seriously, I was ready to go home the next day! Finally after many heeing and hawing it was finished. Tanner did great the first night and we woke up fixed a good breakfast and off to go fishing. We remember when I said it was Somoa week, well they were all at the fishing spot. So no fishing today. But we did go boating. So up at this camp these are the activities available for free: Boating, paddle boats, canoes, free fishing because it is private property, no lisence required, parks, slides, swings, archery, hiking, frisbee golf, a rope course. Needless to say we kept busy both days. Oh by the way the showers were reserved --so no showers. BUT the kind sister missionary showed be a flushy that I could use when ever I wanted THANK YOU SISTER! It was a walk but well worth it, and plus I need the exercise! Will we go back? Of course, but we will take that extra step and probably get the cabin with toilets and showers, and beds for 35$ a night. WOW that would make camping almost enjoyable.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Where is that campground? Sounds like a fun place. I'm glad you survived the honeybuckets. =D

Anonymous said...

way to go using the port-a-potty. always the worst part of camping.