Friday, August 28, 2009

"The Little Dedra Hen" ( based on the story the Little Red Hen)


One day as the Little Dedra Hen was shopping at Home Depot, she found a package of Zucchini.
"This zucchini should be planted in our new Square foot gardens" Who will plant this Zucchini?

"Not I ," said Kylie "Not I ," said Tyson "Oh mom do I HAVE To?"said Eli( he planted 1 seed)
"Then I will," said the Little Dedra Hen. And she did.

Soon the Zucchini grew to be long and green.
"The zucchini is ripe," said the Little Dedra Hen. "Who will pick the zucchini?"
"Not I ," said Kylie "Not I ," said Tyson "Not I," said Eli
"Then I will," said the Little Dedra Hen. And she did.

When the zucchini was picked, the Little Dedra Hen said, "Who will peel the zucchini?"
"Not I ," said Kylie "Not I ," said Tyson "Not I," said Eli
"Then I will," said the Little Dedra Hen. And she did.

When the zucchini was peeled, the Little Dedra Hen said, " who will grate the zucchini?"
"Not I ," said Kylie "Not I ," said Tyson "Not I," said Eli
"Then I will," said the Little Dedra Hen. And she did.

She took the zucchini that was grated and asked, "Who will make this zucchini into bread?"
"Not I ," said Kylie "Not I ," said Tyson "Not I," said Eli
"Then I will," said the Little Dedra Hen. And she did.

She made and baked the bread. Then she said, " who will eat this bread?"

"Oh I will," said Kylie "And I will," said Tyson "And I will," said Eli.

"No, No!" said the Little Dedra hen. I will do that myself." And she did.


Just a side note Tom made the garden, so he did help alot, and by the way I did share the zucchini bread. But it was fun to parallel this story to my zucchini. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Megan said...

How did it turn out? And why aren't you sharing your recipe? =D

Anonymous said...

hmmm, i'm sure i would have shared. hehe.

Alanna said...

Congratulations on bread made from seeds at Home Depot! I've never done any such thing...and would be SOOOO proud! Way to go!
Love the Little Red Hen parallel!

Bryan L said...

I would have kept it to myself I think :)