Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mother's Day

Tom has always done nice things with the kids for me for Mother's Day - this year was no exception - in fact this year I received this fabulous gift for over two weeks.



It all started 2 days before Mother's Day and Tom started this huge project "claiming" this would all be done before the big day :)


THEN I hear this "uh-oh"  Then I saw him taking pictures in the closet ????  What is it?  Well it is wiring ---IN THE CLOSET.  Yeah, did not think that was going to happen.  So Tom learned how to re-wire - the good thing is, now I get to have auto lights when I open the door :)


So you are probably thinking - did it get done.  Well - one shelf did get done at 4am Mother's Day - BUT we did get to put cookbooks on it for that day. 



For the following week, Tom and the Boys worked really hard to complete the shelves.  They needed to be done before I went into surgery.  So Tom put the finishing touches the following Sunday - so we could put all of our pantry items back into our pantry and go grocery shopping to prepare for the following 4 weeks :)  In the end I LOVE THEM!!!!!  He did a FABULOUS job.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Tom & Dedra, they look great! Good job building them and filling them so nicely. =)

Margo said...

Great built in storage! Why did you have to have surgery for? Hope all is well and that you have recovered quickly. Email me!