Friday, July 15, 2011
It happened AGAIN!
You guessed it - Tanner broke his leg again. Only this time we did not know about it for 3 weeks, and we did not go to the doctor for the broken leg( we did not know he had it) we went for an ear infection and a high fever. I asked the doc if this fever could affect his leg, because he was complaining that it hurt, BUT he was walking and running and hopping - so who would have known? We were sent over to his orthopedic doc and he said he could have diagnosed it over the phone, but he wanted x-rays. When he walked into the room, he asked us if Tanner falls down alot. I said "Yes, but he gets right back up and is on his way" Well, he has a broken leg.
Since Tom and I are not recognizing alot of symptoms of Ollier disease, we will be going into Seattle Children's Hospital August 15th to talk surgery. We will be given 2 options and then Tom and I will have to choose which one is better for Tanner? This will take alot of praying and fasting since this disease is very rare, (1 in every 100,000) So now if we can just not break any bones until then. Good Luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness -- poor Tanner! What a little trooper he is. I hope he has as high a tolerance for pain as he seems to! So sorry to hear he's broken his leg again. We'll be praying for him and for you & Tom as you weigh your options. I hope everything goes well!
poor Tanner! So glad it is off now!
I will pray for you all too. Woah...
Oh, I'm so sorry! What a little trooper to be running around on a broken leg! Good luck with your decisions!
Post a Comment