Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

Let me start off by saying I think my husband is the greatest.  He is teaching my children that it is important to celebrate holidays, and it is not just a time to give gifts, but to give of yourself and talents. 

A couple of weeks ago, Tom and I were talking about Mother's day.  I asked him if he had anything in mind, or if he wanted ideas.  He said that he had an idea, but wanted to hear what my idea was.  With much thought, I said I wanted him and the kids to make my picture shelves.  Very inexpensive and I wanted to display all of our family pictures.  Tom went above and beyond what I had thought.  It started Friday night at 11pm, he stayed up and painted my stair - wall.  When I woke up on Saturday, I was very surprised.  He took the boys to get wood, and in about an hour made the shelves, they put finish on them and they hung them Saturday.  BEAUTIFUL! The kids picked out pictures from our files, had them printed, and Tom and the kids went and found frames ( best frames are at Goodwill).  We filled the frames with the pictures on Mother's Day.  I love it.  We also had fun finding our wedding picture, that was with other pictures from when I was younger.  The kids had fun laughing at the hair styles that my mother had, and ofcourse the hair that Tom once had :) 

Tom and the kids made dinner and dessert.  They did such a wonderful job.  Everything was YUMMY!  Here is the picture of the dessert that Tom did, they look as good as they tasted!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Love your picture wall! Wish we could check it out in person -- I bet we'd enjoy those pics, too. =) The dessert pizzas look so yummy and pretty. Glad you had such a nice Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

what a great mother's day gift. tom and the kids did an awesome job. i really need someone to make me a fruit pizza now...

Alanna said...

Wow! I love the shelves and the pictures. It looks great! And I'm very impressed that he even did a paint job on your wall!

Those pizza's look AMAZING too!

Go Tom!