This morning we had to be to the church bright and early for Kylie to go to girls camp. As we were waiting in the parking lot a sister left her lights on. We waited 45 minutes to get going, and as we all got into our cars, her van did not start. There was 4 women, 11 first and second year girls, and 1 ten year old boy. She got out of her van and asked if anyone had jumper cables. I did, but I replied I have no clue how to use them. 3 out of the four women said the same thing and one sister said I learned and did it once in drivers ed when she was 14 years old. Great! So we opened the hood of her van and this little boy said, "Mom the positve and the negatives go this way" He set it all up and got the van started. He smiled and looked at all of us women and said, "I also know how to change the oil and the tires" Well ok then. So my checklist is as follows:
Learn how to hook up jumper cables---learn how to change a tire----teach my son how to help women who are in need of the above!
2 comments:
What an impressive young man! I'm glad he was there to help you all out. =) Better teach Kylie as well as Tyson & Eli about those useful skills. ;)
LOL, someone's dad was on the ball. got to love that!
Post a Comment