Friday, March 6, 2009

Tanner is 6 Months today!


Wow it has sure gone by fast. I don't even know where the time has gone. I do have to admit that I have no clue what to do with a baby. Apparently, at 6 months Tanner should be doing the following:

Sitting up,rolling all over the floor,
sleeping through the night,eating mush,
drinking from a sippee cup,AND having a schedule on naps


Who knew!!! So what is Tanner doing? NONE OF THEM!!!!!! The only one he is close to is rolling over, he goes from back to tummy and then gives up. Eating mush he just spits it back out and then he locks his jaw tight that no more will go in. Naps only in Mom's arms, night time is a joke. THEN the doctors ask if we are still reading to him 20 minutes a day??????? WHAT? I thought started in Kindergarten. I mean we read to our kids but we don't necessarily do it for 20 minutes unless it was an assignment from our teachers. I don't think it gets easier, but it sure is WORTH IT!

3 comments:

Megan said...

What an adorable photo -- though it looks like you could be showing us an old photo of Tyson. :D

Good luck with the sleeping through the night -- that's the killer of the list -- everything else can take its time. :) Maybe you should be having Eli read to Tanner & kill 2 birds... :D

Alanna said...

That's a super cute picture. I remember sweating the milestones with Jarom and we did bring little board books to the hospital to read to him his very first night. Now I'm thinking...Wow...overkill! He likely gets less now that he's IN kindergarten. I think you've got a better perspective!

Loughmiller's said...

What a cute little guy you have!! Hope you are all doing well.