
So, I know nobody has ever had problems with a child(s) lying before, but at the Tolman's home we have had some issues. So Tom and I decided to start with pepper on their tongues for lying. So before punishment was given Tom asked me to come with him into a different room. Confused I followed and he asked me to put pepper on his tongue. WHY? He asked me if I have ever had pepper for lying, " ofcourse", I answered "when I was younger". Tom's reply was" I have never had pepper on my tongue, so can you please put pepper on my tongue now so I know what my children will be going through." Ok???? So I did and he said it was not too bad. So upto our childs room to talk and give punishment. But while Tom was talking so loving and gently all of a sudden he was choking and having a hard time talking, not because he felt sorry for this child that had lied to us many times, but because the pepper that wasn't so bad decided to stick around for a while in his throat. So does pepper work? It did on Tom, but our child just swallowed the pepper and on his way. So what next?
4 comments:
That is so funny Scott and I were both cracking up. We are the mean parents who use Cayenne pepper. The kids don't seem to get it as much now!
We have had that same problem at our house lately! The first time was an hour earlier bedtime for a week, but 2 days into that was another episode. So I'm not sure what we'll do next. Sounds like pepper might not be our best option? You'll have to let us know if you come up with something successful!
We haven't had any problems with it yet (they are still too young to know how!) I so don't look forward to the day. But, my plan is to use hot sauce. It is how we potty trained our boys. They hate it and it is a great deturant. Good luck to you!
I hate lying...it's so hard to figure out what to do! Well it's easy enough if they lie and you know it. But when you can't tell...oh drives me crazy. You never want to punish someone if they didn't do anything. But they may have and the whole reason that they are lying is because they DON'T want to get in trouble for something they DID. So they can lie and maybe nothing will happen if they fool you. But if they tell the truth, then you know they did something awful, but you have to reward them somehow for being benevolent by telling the truth...but it all started because they did something bad. I can't figure it out.
Post a Comment