Today was parent teacher conference and for the most part we know how are children are doing in school. Kylie is doing good in all her subjects infact all teachers said that she is above 100% in all classes. WOW who knew there was such a thing. She also performed at Solo and Ensemble, a flute, flute piano trio and receives SUPERIOR Score! YEAH Kylie. It was fun to go and be her pianist. Tyson's teachers also said he is doing great, and Tyson's band teacher gave him highest ratings for the year. He is a GREAT trumpet player. Tyson took the pre-test for MSP ( the Washington test) he did not miss one - hopefully when he takes the real test he will do the same. Tyson has chosen not to attend the Challenge Program or the Performing Arts school, which he was asked to attend, but he gracefully declined. He is enjoying being a good student in just a normal Public school. Way to go Tyson! Then we have Eli, oh Eli what can we say. Eli loves to do Math - addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, Eli loves to read (when there is something in it for him....hmmm like a competition with his class, which he is blowing them out of the water, and next week he earned a movie and treats with his teacher) So what makes Eli happy you ask? Well Tom and I thought we had that one nailed. But as we attended his teacher conference we heard a different story:


So if you can not read it...
Dear Mom and Dad,
You know how it's always raining? And I 'm getting soaking wet because I don't have a hood. Here's your chance to make me happy.
I know what your thinking what on earth would make ME happy? An umbrela.
If you got me a huge umbrela I could share it with Tyson (bro) If he forgot his.
But I could also share with you. But a plain one will do I guess.
I will be responsible and only share with the people you tell me to share with.
If you feel uncoftebl with the person I will not share with him.
If you get me an umbrela your days of mopping the floor will be over because I m always wet when i come home from school.. Your son who really needs an umbrela,
ELI
What do you think? Should he get an UMBRELLA.
All in all our children are doing very well in school, and we could not be happier with their dedication and hard work.
3 comments:
That is hilarious! But remind him that only tourists in Washington own an umbrella. HAHA!
Way to go, Tolman children! I think that's a pretty convincing letter. If not sooner, than I think an umbrella should be on his bday gift list! ;) {We like to give our kids the $4 umbrellas at Big Lots. =)}
Ha ha! Happiness is... an umbrella. I love it.
I do have to say though that we managed to live in Seattle for 5 years without having an umbrella.
Only when I moved to Maryland did I REALLY want one. It rains way less here, but when it rains, it rains... instead of the Seattle drizzle.
But get the boy an umbrella! :D
Post a Comment