
Well I am venturing into new territory today to see if I can update this blog and make sense of the whole thing. Tom is way too busy to update often. So here we go.
Our family had a wonderful 4th of July. We love parades but we did not to walk along ways to get there. Tom found a parade in this small town called Steilacoom. We got to the town and started looking for a parking spot. When we finally parked we headed up this hill(to me a mountain) but it was straight up. We got to the top and we asked if we were close to the parade route. They said if we go up one more block we would be in a great place for children and alot of candy. It was a great parade. It lasted about 45 minutes and it highlighted the Army. The Army had their band and their General etc. So as the parade ended we headed back to our car, to find out that we had parked at the beginning of the parade route and our car had the best seat in the parade! Oh well the walk was good for me....I lost a pound at the doctors..yahoo! That night we went to a neighboring town, Tumwater to watch fireworks. It was at a golfing green and by the end of the night they counted 6,000 people were there. It was a fun night. There was 12 bouncy houses and alot of entertainment. At one point the announcer said that anyone 17 years and younger can put their name on a paper plate and put it in the landing area for the skydivers, and when they land if they pick your plate you win a prize. Well my sweet husband put my name on it, not knowing there was an age limit until after the fact. Well the skydivers came in and yes they did pick my plate. What are the odds? How could we show are excitement when first, I should not have had my name on a plate, and second, Kylie played the part of Dedra Tolman for the night.
Not much else to report. If this works I will try to update more regularly! The next step is to learn how to attach pictures.
1 comment:
Great post Dedra! I am glad you had such a fun 4th of July! I would love to see you post more! If you want any pointers you can always ask me! I will explain the best I can. I don't know real technical terms so I might get confusing, but then maybe we speak the same language! BTW I loved your episode on Sell This House. You were amazing! I would be so nervous! It is nice to meet you through cyberspace!
Post a Comment